When did you join Gardiner’s and what is your background in care?
I joined Gardiners in September 2010, having worked previously in the care industry for 3 years, starting as a health care assistant, dealing with a wide variety of care at home. In January 2016 I progressed to senior carer working alongside the office team. I achieved my NVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care in Aug 2010.
Why the care industry?
I decided to become a care worker because I needed the flexibility of choosing my own working hours to fit around home life. I soon realised that working in the care industry brings huge job satisfaction knowing you that you are making a difference to people’s lives.
What makes Gardiner’s Homecare different?
Gardiner’s only employ carers with good experience, who are then hugely supported by caring managers, helping them to achieve their very best. Care workers have more time with service users allowing them to provide the highest standard of home care.
What’s your proudest achievement?
My proudest achievement by far is raising my two beautiful daughters. I am in awe of them every single day.
What are your five favourite things?
- My family (although they drive me crazy at times!)
- My brothers dog Ted a yorkie (my brother won’t let me have him)
- Radio 1 breakfast show (I listen every single morning it is the best)
- Going on holiday (just wish could go more)
- Laughing (I can be a bit childish and the silliest things make me hysterical)