When did you join Gardiner’s and what is your background in care?
I started working in the care sector back in 2005 holding a variety of roles, including Support Worker, Care Services Manager and Regional Recruitment Coordinator, I achieved my NVQ level 2 in Health & Social Care in 2006. I joined Gardiner’s in February 2016 as the Recruitment and Development Manager.
Why the care industry?
It is one of the most rewarding sectors in which to work, knowing you make a real difference to the lives of the people you are working with. Working in care brings huge job satisfaction.
What makes Gardiner’s Homecare different?
Gardiner’s has a great work ethic with professional, dedicated individuals that really do go the extra mile…
What’s your proudest achievement?
When I was 18 I did a solo parachute jump from 3000ft for charity. It was the most amazing yet scariest experience of my life and one that I would never repeat
What are your five favourite things?
- My girls – Olivia and Ruby, make me very proud and never fail to put a smile on my face!
- Travelling – I love travelling to different countries! Next stop…. New York!!
- Tortoises – A strange obsession has developed here and at the last count I have 17!
- Takeaways – I hate cooking, so takeaways for me are genius!!
- My new found love for cycling.